Further Up and Further In

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Resilience by Thomas Newman [A Series of Unfortunate Events soundtrack].










After over four years of blogging, 700 posts, book reviews, secrets, adventures taken, and invented recipes, WriterGirl is taking a break.



This wasn't an easy decision to make--this place and everyone here are close to my heart. But I am heading to graduate school (for library science! I'm going to be a librarian!!!) where I honestly am wondering how I am going to breathe, let alone blog. But I am not bolting the shutter doors closed. This will not be a dead blog, just a quiet one. There will be things I know I will have to post. Namely book recipes. After all, Cinna has not had his hot chocolate yet, and Rae Carson's brilliant trilogy is coming to a close, and all these must be celebrated, and more. I'll be leaving everything up for free perusal and reference. But I wanted to end on a high note, with a "happily ever after" for you guys. I will still be around, just not in any regular fashion.


This isn't goodbye. I'm around. In the meantime you can shoot me an email anytime, or find me on twitter or tumblr. I'll be there.


Thank you for everything. It's been an adventure of a lifetime.

2 comments:



Charlotte said...

Best wishes to the start of your new journey!

(I love the picture of the little crane...so still yet so poised for flight, so hopeful yet so poignant...)

Meg said...

Best wishes! I will miss reading your blog posts as my daily treat, but I know you won't disappear forever!!!!