Feature Fun Friday - Hugo Trailer

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Patapan - God Rest Ye - Monneye/Roth by Mannheim Steamroller.






This movie looks so good. I've been dying to see it since I first saw the trailer (I'm always a bit wary until I see a trailer for a book adaptation) and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why it has made only 15.4 million. Total. That is the death sentence for movies. What isn't there to grab you and suck you in? A visual feast, a romp of clean adventure, Jude Law as a father (hee) and a score by the same man that did Lord of the Rings? Sold! I'm worried for it. If going head to head with Arthur Christmas and Arthur Christmas is winning, I fear for my love of good clean movies in the future. You bet I'm seeing it this week. Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!


EDIT: All names have now been corrected. Thank you, Alysa!







(Based on the Caldecott winner The Invention of Huge Cabret).

4 comments:



clairedelune said...

Wow, this movie looks so good! I think I'll be seeing it.

Alysa Stewart said...

Oh, I didn't realize it was out yet! Cool. And, a correction: it is based on the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret (not Adventures).

Heather Zundel said...

clairedelune - doesn't it?! I've heard it is stunning visually.


Alysa - Thank you! Goodness, what an oversight. And I've read the book. Double shame on me (and I even got the name of Arthur Christmas movie wrong too. It was not my day). All is well now. :)

Okie said...

I absolutely loved the book. It was so much fun. I'm a little nervous that the Station Inspector seems to have been given a bigger role (since he's featured so prominently in the trailer and is also one of the top billed actors) but I'm hopeful that they'll stay true to the vision and feel of the book. To me, the book was about the experience almost more than it was about the plot.

Hopefully they can recreate the sense of absolute wonder that I felt while reading.

Hope you enjoy it. :)