Feature Fun Friday - Hold Still by Nina LaCour

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Bound for the Promised Land by Mormon Tabernacle Choir.






This something very cool, and surprisingly underground (at the moment). :) There is a book called HOLD STILL by Nina LaCour. Here is the trailer:








When I saw it back in 2009 (I know, ancient, right?) I was quite impressed. But this is not where the story ends. You know how you sometimes love a book and wish Hollywood would just perk up it's head long enough to realize how amazing story X would be as a film? Well, Nina LaCour decided to go to kickstarter and see if she could get the movie made by herself. And guess what? SHE DID IT. I have no idea how far along they are in production right now, but it is happening. And even cooler? The actors that are in the book trailer *glances up* are going to be the actors in the movie. Talk about coming full circle. Know you're in the know for something cool and sekkrit going on in the YA world right under our noses. *secret fist bump* Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!










1 comments:



Kami said...

I have never heard of this book before. It sounds sad. I'll look into it more though.