Secrets of WriterGirl

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Scarborough Fair by Leif Shires.


This has been a long time in coming, but I didn't forget, I promise. I asked what you wanted to know about me. I got some good questions, but not enough to equal ten. So I had to make up some of my own. So away we go!

1. I love records. You know, the old LPs. I think they just rock. I love the nostalgia and the quality and the fact that a needle can produce sound. So cool.

2. I really like the "out there" movies, like Mirrormask, The Neverending Story and The Labyrinth.

3. I have ridden on the back of an elephant. No lie. See?

4. I love the sound of rain and the ocean almost more than any other sound.

5. I have never kissed a boy. Ever.

6. I am a twin. Yes, there are two of me out there - bwa ha ha ha!

7. I can be fascinated by most everything. Once I was late for a class in college because I was watching a spider jump across the sidewalk. I got some strange looks for that one.

8. I love my family more than life itself.

And the two questions posted by readers:

9. Shannon Messenger: What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? Thanks Shannon, love you too. That would have to be the third grade when during a kickball game in our gym I kicked a home run of a kick and in the midst of rounding third base I turned to look to see where the ball was... and knocked myself unconscious. Honest to goodness knocked out. I woke up and everyone was standing over me. I still flush scarlet thinking about it to this day.

10. Charlotte (Book on the Hill): If you could transform yourself into a bird, what would it be any why? Once upon a time, that would have been a peregrine falcon or a phoenix, but know I think it would have to be a kestrel. They are a much smaller and often overlooked bird of prey. But they are beautiful. And I think there is a freedom in being unknown or underrated. Plus, that is just a really cool name. I've wanted to use it in a book.


Why may you ask have I revealed these things about my super secret life? (yeah right). Well besides keeping a promise, I have received MORE awards. Goodness. You are going to swamp me. And I received the Honest Scrap award no less than two times by two separate people. That must mean I DOUBLY scrappily honest. Yay to Frankie and Shannon. Here are my ten picks for their honest scrappiness ^_^



1. Finding Wonderland
2. Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast
3. Today's Adventure
4. Bookworming in the 21st Century
5. Neverending Shelf
6. Serenehours
7. Pages
8. Mitali's Fire Escape
9. Words and Wordances
10. Polenth's Quill

Go forth and spread the love.


And this one is long overdue. Thank you to Kirthi from Pages for this One Lovely Blog award. Here are my contributions to 10 seriously (and "recently" discovered) lovely blogs:



1. Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe
2. Frankie Writes
3. The Spectacle
4. Maw Books Blog
5. Abby the Librarian


Sorry, I only did five because of my limited time, but there are so many out there I love! If you weren't nominated, please insert your name in the remaining slots. ^_^

13 comments:



Shannon Messenger said...

Heh. That's a funny story. And oh please, I've told about the time I almost accidentally ended up as an extra in an adult film (totally not my fault, btw) so it's ONLY fair you have to share something. :)

And aw, thanks for the award. Um...what do I have to do? Just nominate 10 blogs? Is that all? That seems too easy...

Heather Zundel said...

That's true Shannon. I think yours is much worse than mine, but to an eight-year-old, that was TRAUMATIZING! And I think so..., unless I missed something. I think it has to be "recent" finds, but I fudged a bit on that one. Nominate some lovely blogs. :)

Jazz said...

These are all very, very interesting facts. I especially love number 7. What is your twin's name?

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Yay Heather and thanks for nominating me!

brizmus said...

You sound totally awesome! Mirrormask, the Neverending Story, and Labyrinth are three of my favorite movies! And I love records (though I tend to prefer newer 7"s)!
And I also have ridden an elephant (on an African safari!)
Thanks for your honest things! This was fun! :-)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cool answers.

Have a beautiful blessed thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Heh, I thought I was the only one. The first guy I ever kissed was my husband! (Although considerably before we got married)

Kirthi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirthi said...

LOL! You knocked yourself unconscious, that IS embarrassing :)Watching a spider jump across a sidewalk....that's so funny!
Oh my gosh, I got the Honest Scrap award? Thanks Heather, I'm going to have a lot of fun doing this :D
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Heather Zundel said...

Jazz - #7 is my favorite too. And it is probably the most true thing about me.

Frankie - You're welcome! Your blog is great.

Brizmus - YOU sound totally awesome! Really? You've ridden an elephant too? That is so so so cool! Can we see pictures on your blog? And you have top notch taste in movies. ;)

Juju - Thanks! And you as well. I hope your thanksgiving is the best you have ever had.

Beth - I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that one (but your story is so sweet! Especially after reading your blog post yesterday)

Kirthi - Heh heh, yeah it is pretty bad. And I guess you are honest AND scrappy! ^_^ I'm glad you like it.

labyrinthwanderer said...

Ooh, secrets! How very exciting! Fun post chickadee!

PJ Hoover said...

Those are some serious honesties, Heather! Wow! And huge thank you for the nomination for The Spectacle! We are honored!

Heather Zundel said...

Labyrinth - I know you lady. How are you? :D

PJ - Yeah, bearing my soul and all that. And trust me, you guys deserve it. I love your blog.