WriterGirl plays Mulan

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Miracle by Sally Shapiro.


Remember when I said last month that I couldn't dye my hair for my ubercool Katniss costume? Well, I said there was a reason for it and that reason is going to be revealed... now.

*Cue suspense music*


Dun...


Dun...


Dun...


DUN DUN!












I cut my hair! And not just for any reason, I wanted to donate my hair to Locks for Love, an organization that makes and gives real hair wigs to kids with cancer so that through their chemo therapy they feel as normal as possible. You can't have it color treated or permed in any way (hence the no dying bit). Mine was long enough (you need at least ten inches) and I've done it once before. I will be honest. I miss my hair. I really really miss my long hair, but thinking about how much good it can do makes it all completely worth it. And it will grow back. There is nothing really to be sad about. So here is to the new WriterGirl look! :D



Goodbye old friend.


P.S One of my little sisters cut my hair. Isn't she incredible?!

P.P.S That song above ^ is free at amazon right now. It is really good and totally worth a download.

9 comments:



Tere Kirkland said...

I did this last August. I have thick hair, so I wound up with two 11 inch long braids. It was a rough change, but knowing my hair was going to be helping others really helped me get over it. And now it's almost back to the same length it was when I cut it.

Cheers to you for going through this a second time.

Shannon Messenger said...

I think you look good with short hair. It's a noble, wonderful change!

Also, I actually prefer shoulder length hair for sheer laziness reasons. My whole like I kept my hair as long as it would go, but when I moved out and started college I realized "I don't have time for this." I'm bad with drastic change so I did it 3 inches at a time, until it reached my shoulders, where it has stayed ever since. I can't do as much with it (but I don't have time for that anyway) and it cut my hair drying/styling time in half. So think of it this way: shorter hair = 10 more minutes of sleep every morning. You know--in addition to doing an amazing good deed. :)

Shannon Messenger said...

By the way, I meant *life* in the third sentence. This is what I get for not proofreading BEFORE clicking "post comment"

Kirthi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirthi said...

oh no! good-bye gorgeous hair and hello cute hair :)You make a great Mulan!

Heather Zundel said...

Tere - Wow you're hair grows fast! That is very encouraging. :)

Shannon - Thanks. You are sweet. I like how you said it. And I know what you mean about proofreading!

Kirthi - You think so? Thanks! That would be a rocking Halloween costume.

Unknown said...

Yay for you!!

I've done this twice, and never regretted it. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Bravo! You go girl!
That's wonderful.

Heather Zundel said...

Beth - Same here. Never regretted it once.

Juju - Thanks Juju!