Crown of Embers Teaser #1

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Ancient Stones by Jeremy Soule [Skyrim soundtrack].




I am drummed up to bursting with excitement for this book, and to keep from exploding into a million tiny pieces, I am sharing it with all of you. Ready for your first teaser?




"Elisa?" I feel the mattress dip as a tiny form crawls toward me on the bed.

I lift the blankets to let Rosario slip underneath. He worms close, and I wrap an arm around him.

"Does your nurse know you're here?"

He shrugs against me, which means she does not. I press my lips to his forehead.

"You're going away again," he accuses.

"Yes."

"I want to come."

Excuses run through my head. But I settle on the truth, as I always seem to, with him. "Bad people are trying to hurt me. So I can't have my heir travel with me. I need you to stay here and be safe."

"Are they going to kill you?"

"I hope not. I'm going to try my hardest to live."



"Will you come back?"

"I'll try my hardest to do that too. I promise."

He shifts, and his cold bare feet knock my leg, but I know better than to pull away. He says, "You always keep your promises."

I catch my breath. It's something I told him long ago. Little did I know at the time how important it would be to him, a boy to whom promises had never been kept. "I do."














(all quotes are from the Crown of Embers ARC)

0 comments: