Love Diana Wynne Jones or her books?

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): It's Not Easy (Superman) by Five For Fighting.


Diana Wynne Jones is one of my favorite authors. Few have made me laugh and cry like she has. She apparently is in a bad time. She has lung cancer and is continuing to battle it. A comment over at the Sounis forums, one of her editors says she would really appreciate any notes sent her way. You can send it via her publisher and they will gladly forward it to her. However, there has been some mix-up about Greenwillow's address. It is not

Diana Wynne Jones
c/o Greenwillow Books
1350 Avenue of the Americas
New York NY 10019 USA

but

Diana Wynne Jones
c/o Greenwillow Books
10 E. 53rd St.
New York, NY 10022



(this address was given by someone at Greenwillow on bookshelves of doom website in the comments). You can also email a letter to the wonderful woman who runs Diana's fansite. She will print them out and mail them to her about once a week (details here). I missed my chance with Madeline L'Engle and I still regret it to this day. You can bet I'm not missing out this time to tell such an incredible author how much her work has meant to me.




via Charlotte and bookshelves of doom.

8 comments:



Tales of Whimsy said...

I've never read her work but this is a pretty awesome thing to do Heather :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

You rock :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this info with us, Heather. :-)

Heather Zundel said...

Juju - Aww, thanks. You're so sweet!

Shannon O'Donnell - You are such an amazing commenter. Have I ever told you that?

W_R_I said...

This is very sad news. I have had a family member suffer lung cancer and it is horrible. My friend Courtney absolutely loves these books and Diana, and was really upset to hear she is struggling with her health. I was wondering if there were any signed books for sale somewhere as I thought it might make a great present for Courtney to help cheer her up. If anyone knows anywhere to get a signed book then I would be very grateful....
Thanks

Heather Zundel said...

I did find one. The Dark Lord of Derkholm (which is absolutely hilarious). I found it on ebay, for a surprisingly reasonable price. It is even a first printing. http://cgi.ebay.com/Diana-Wynne-Jones-DARK-LORD-OF-DERKHOLM-1998-h-c-signed_W0QQitemZ190387324255QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFiction?hash=item2c53f8055f

I hope that helps.

W_R_I said...

I can't believe you managed to find one. I have already bought it. Thanks so much, I spent a fair amount of time looking but with no luck. Thank you Heather.

Heather Zundel said...

I'm glad I could be of help. I really hope she likes and she feels better. Take care, and hopefully I can see you around here again. :)