Feature Fun Friday - V for Vendetta kinetic typography

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Sounds of the Seen, Part 1 by Erik Wollo.



Because of my jaunt in Hollywood yesterday, I thought it would be fun to show a little something I know about. It's called kinetic typography, which plays very well into Feature Fun Friday in many ways. Kinetic typography is moving text, but created in such a way as to evoke a particular emotion. It's very cool. It's an animation technique, usually done in Communication Design or Interactive design classes. The one I was going to show you was the 8 Rules from Fight Club, but then I decided to show you one of my favorites - V's introduction of himself from V for Vendetta (no worries; only G-rated language here). Not only is it an amazing display of kinetic typography, but the speech itself is an incredible play on the letter "v" which is something I love. Words, books, and movies, the perfect combination for an excellent Feature Fun Friday. Have a great weekend everyone!



2 comments:



Katie said...

Such a great movie! One of my favorites. That's one of my favorite speeches in a movie, simply because the astounding alliteration. The brains of those writers had to be going double-time! lol Something about V reminded me of "Alice in Wonderland" for some reason. Is that weird? Probably. lol

Heather Zundel said...

I really wonder how long that took to write. And how many times they when through the V section of the dictionary. :)