My Adventure in... :)

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Speed of Sound by Coldplay.




Last week I posted up this picture:


And for the first time ever in my "Guess My Adventure" series, no one guessed it right. I suppose that is a little unfair because many people guessed Washington DC because I did an internship there, and it's a logical guess. But that does not diminish this place's significance in any way. This place is very special, and I'm glad I get to show it today, one day after Independence Day (in America). This is the spot where George Washington was inaugurated as the first President of the United States.










But it is not in Washington DC.











It is in New York City.



Yes, the Big Apple with such attractions as the Statue of Liberty




The Metropolitan Museum of Art




Times Square




It is easy to see how this place could be looked over. But to me it is a sacred and special place. It is the final piece in solidifying the birth of our nation. The fireworks "rockets red flare" had renewed meaning for me when I saw them two nights ago.


Many people don't know New York City was once our nation's capital, or that any president was sworn in there, let alone our very first. Many probably don't even know where to find this place, Federal Hall. But it isn't that hard. It's right across the street from the New York Stock Exchange, and just down the street from Trinity Church (yes, the place in National Treasure).






I only got to spend a day and half there. There wasn't much time to see everything I wanted, but I am so glad I got to see this place.

4 comments:



Shannon O'Donnell said...

Awesome! If I make it to NYC, I will DEFINITELY make sure I go there! :-)

Dana Cheryl said...

Love it Heather!!! I didn't even come close to guessing it right.

Katie said...

It's definitely interesting that our capital used to be in NYC. Seems crazy. Cool picture! :)

writergirl said...

Great post. Following your blog now.

http://randomwriter707.blogspot.com/