Firepetal Books - A Bookstore Review

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Wayfaring Summer by Arborea.




Ever since hearing that a bookstore exclusively for teen and children's literature was going to open, I've been dying to see it ever since. Well, I finally had the chance to go to Fire Petal Books in Utah, and I must say, it - is - awesome.

Tucked into a corner just off of main street in Centerville UT, it small but in a cozy, perfect way. Michelle Witte, owner and all around awesome gal is sweet and knowledgeable as they come. I cannot say how much I admire her for taking such an initiative and going boldly ahead with her dream. And what an awesome dream it is.

The first thing I noticed and fell in love with was the colors. Just look at them!






They made me want to stay in there forever.





Besides being a book gal of awesome, Michelle is a bit of an amateur artist. Love that picture (by the way, "Fire Petal Books" was inspired by her young niece when Michelle asked what she would name a bookstore).




Look at that beautiful couch! Don't you just want to curl up with a good book and maybe take a nap?...




Besides an absolutely heavenly environment, the selection of books was incredible. When I went they had just opened and had not received all of their shipments yet, but the books they had on hand were so good. They even had signed copies already. There were some books I had not even heard of, and that always makes me excited (yet another reason why I love independent bookstores).




I was going to buy more than usual, just to support them because the first year of a new business is always brutal, but then I started seeing the books… and I ended up buying even more than I anticipated. And one of the books I bought there is a little-known book and is probably one of the best books I've read this year.




But beyond psychedelic colors of coolness and books that make you want to spin around in joy, they have other literi merchandi.


Like "Team" Shirts - old school style. :)




Literary action figures, and this - zombie and unicorn playsets! This should so be sold with Diana Peterfreund's Rampant. :)







An awesome bookstore all around, and I would highly recommend anyone living in Utah or the near vicinity take a stop by there if you can. It is well worth it. And I have a feeling things are just going to get better as time goes on. :)

6 comments:



Katie said...

Team Rochester?! Ahaha! Love it! Sounds like an awesome indie bookstore! Wish I lived nearby so I could hit it up :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

How cute! I love it!

writergirl said...

Wow, it really looks amazing. Did you take all those pictures?

http://randomwriter707.blogspot.com/

Enna Isilee said...

I want to go to there!

and I REALLY want that "Team Rochester" shirt!

brizmus said...

um, I absolutely NEED to go to this bookstore!

christina said...

What a wonderfully cool bookstore. Too bad I'm in Florida and that's such a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way away. :)