This announcement brought to you by the department of awesome

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Home by the Goo Goo Dolls.



I have a big announcement to make. I am on the first round of judges for the YA SF/F category for the Cybils Awards for 2010!!!





*spins and dances*





*gets dizzy*





*doesn't care*




Here are the rest of the awesome and amazing judges for the Sci-fi/Fantasy category:



Panelists (Round I Judges), MG/Elementary:
Anamaria Anderson, Books Together
Gwenda Bond, Shaken & Stirred
Cindy Hannikman, Fantasy Book Critic
Aaron Maurer, Coffee for the Brain
Nicole Signoretta, Booked Up
Charlotte Taylor, Charlotte's Library
Karen Yingling, Ms. Yingling Reads

Panelists (Round I Judges), Teen/YA:
Steve Berman, Guys Lit Wire
Tanita Davis, Finding Wonderland
Leila Roy, Bookshelves of Doom
Sheila Ruth (see panel organizer)
Angie Thompson, Angieville
Hallie Tibbetts, Undusty New Books
Heather Zundel, Secret Adventures of WriterGirl


Round II Judges:

Elementary/Middle
Melissa Baldwin, One Librarian's Book Reviews
Kate Coombs, Book Aunt
Emily Mitchell, emilyreads
Nancy Tsai, Kidsmomo
Tanya Zavestoski Turek, Books 4 Your Kids

Teen/YA
Emma Carbone, Miss Print
Anne Levy, Cybils
Sam Musher, Parenthetical
Sarah Stevenson, Finding Wonderland
Steph Su, Steph Su Reads


This is such an honor, and when I saw the other panelists I would be joining, I nearly died. Talk about rubbing shoulders with the giants of the blogging world! I am so grateful and trying not to squeal like a kid who just found the secret entrance to Wonka's chocolate factory.


This is going to be intense, but it is so going to be worth it. And I've done hard things before, right? I mean, I survived the YA Fantasy Showdown, right? Those sightings of Howl and Katsa have gone way down, I promise. And I don't sleepwalk anymore. Much.


Don't forget, nominations start October 1st. Go ahead, hit me with your best shot.

0 comments: