Feature Fun Friday - Luminous Book Teaser

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Shield of Faith by The Immediate.





Now here is a book I've been really excited about, ever since I first heard of it - LUMINOUS by Dawn Metcalf. This book seems to have all fascinating, dark, and unique elements combined together that I love in a book. And with the trailer just being released, I figure now is the perfect time to hype up the love on this one. This was done by a group of students at The New England Institute of Art. I'll be the first to say it is not perfect since it does little to tell anything about the characters (or ethnicity) or story, but I think it does serve as a good teaser...







I bet you weren't expecting that ending, right? The teaser leads perfectly into the description below.


As reality slips and time stands still, Consuela finds herself thrust into the world of the Flow. Removed from all she loves into this shifting world overlapping our own, Consuela quickly discovers she has the power to step out of her earthly skin and cloak herself in new ones-skins made from the world around her, crafted from water, fire, air. She is joined by other teens with extraordinary abilities, bound together to safeguard a world they can affect, but where they no longer belong.

When murder threatens to undo the Flow, the Watcher charges Consuela and elusive, attractive V to stop the killer. But the psychopath who threatens her new world may also hold the only key to Consuela's way home.





Like I said, this book sounds awesome, right? And ohmygosh the COVER! I am so in love with this cover I can't stop staring at it. Keep your eye out for this one, it comes out in just a couple of months. I hope you have a great weekend in store for yourselves!

2 comments:



Shannon O'Donnell said...

I absolutely love the cover for this one! :-)

FH ambassador Asia-Pacific said...

Hello Heather! What a cute blog you have! I think you are going to love the <fishead( movie, it's actually a documentary film about psychopaths - http://www.fisheadmovie.com/ psychopaths who play scrabble, psychopaths who play football, psychopaths who kill, psychopaths who don't kill... you can download music for free... oh but I'm not saying that you're going to love psychopaths.