My Adventure with a Very Special Book

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Actress in Time Layers by Susumu Hirasawa [Millenium Actress soundtrack].






So. There was this really good book I read. So good in fact, I couldn't put it down, even to go on an adventure to Disney World. So it came along for the ride and we had an adventure together.


Which book, might you ask? It was A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis, which comes out in less two and a half months (I'm so excited! *bubbles inside*). It is REALLY good. It is just like the first one with twists and turns and more than a few jaw-dropping moments (I think this may have happened literally at one point). It is fantastic. You're going to want to get your hands on this one as soon as you possibly can. If this is any indication of her writing level and progress, I cannot wait to see her growth over the next few years.


First up, this quote, which of course you managed to guess accurately right off the bat. Yes, yes, well done. *grumbles* The only thing you could have done to make it more specific is name what wall this was on. Good gracious. *facepalm* And while true, this is from the American Adventure in Epcot, I really think this quote captures a lot of the heart and spirit behind the mission of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and Godspeed itself. But not all. I have two more quotes to tease you with before this post is up. ;)






First up, Amy and Elder went toe-to-toe with one of the biggest baddies in all of sci-fi. Yep, Darth Vadar himself. I don't think Elder got the significance of the meeting, but Amy knew what she was doing and didn't hesitate. She's a fierce thing. Luckily, there was no loss of hand or limb, and no choke hold to speak of on this encounter.







This may of course had something to do with the fact that they met a friendly ally to help them out of the sticky situation.







Amy's fiery passion is one of the things I love about her. And probably why she passed Jedi Academy so quickly.


Pretty name badge. *strokes*





After that, this guy didn't even phase them. But a guard is the least of their worries in A MILLION SUNS. Imagine of the worst possible worst case scenario, and you are probably not far off. No joke, you are in for a roller coaster of a ride with this one.







And after all that, they stopped in for a quick bite to eat here (appropriate, yes?) :) (By the way, this place is fantastic. Not only do you eat in a car while watching old sci-fi B-movies from the 50's, the food is so good. Best burger I've had in Disney World. So atmospheric, so much fun. I was in geekery 7th heaven). ^_^







Speeder bike race, of course. (I will let you decide who won). ;)







This space suit turned out to be more appropriate than I imagined. Not saying a word more on this one. *zips lips*






"Mickey Mouse and the Orbiting Nightmare" - oddly appropriate. :) (I was giddy when I found this one. I giggled. Out loud). And I love how Mickey is looking at them. But you know, I think Amy and Elder are a lot worse off. I don't think Mickey has anything on them, even with his dapper suit and startled expression. A MILLION SUNS kept me up at night. I would try and sneak a few pages in, even after I'd been going nonstop in the parks for 10-14 hours every day. I dreamt of A MILLION SUNS. I *never* dream about books.







And I threw this in for fun, because it would be something Amy would miss. And I realized something Elder would never see (such a pity).







And here are the two quotes I thought fit in nicely with Beth Revis' heart-pounding world. I'll let you decide how they fit in. :)












This book is wonderful, and I do not say that lightly. It is a page turner and a seamless, natural continuation to the world and characters she's already built. This is one of the very rare books where the second book is better than the first. In a trilogy I can name few with that distinction. They are usually the opening curtain for the final act. Necessary, but not anything special. Not here. This book is special, and I can't wait for the next ride.

2 comments:



M. said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! It sounds FANTASTIC!

Meg said...

Ooo...So incredibly jealous! A Million Suns AND Disney?! Your teasers make me want January to come now!

Thanks for sharing!