Stupid Telepathic Song

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Upside Down by Jack Johnson.

The Secret Adventures of Writer-Girl - The Archived Episodes!

When you realize you are leaving a place you have grown to love, everything seems more important, especially the little things. Like the walk through the underground tunnels to your metro stop, the green mural that has given me more book ideas than I can name, the view from my balcony, the wind that blasts my hair back as the train arrives.

The view from my balcony is not much of a view at all. In fact I mostly see the other side of my building.

(look at me and my amazing paint skillz. So cool that I must add the "z":)


You know, the little things. Oh, now that's just not fair. My theme song just switched and guess what it is playing, just guess. "I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane," sung by Chantal Kreviazuk. I have 432 songs on this thing and it decides to pick that one? That's just cruel. Boo. Did you know I played this song when I left for Washington DC to begin my internship here at the Smithsonian? I was going to play it exactly as we took off, but they told us to turn off all electronics, you know, so it doesn't crash the plane and all... Oh! And the water on the river each day as I pass over it. I'm going to miss that so much (can you tell I'm crossing it right now?). I take the yellow line every day just so I can cross over the river instead of under it (it was faster anyway, but even if it wasn't I would have done it anyway). So many memories. And the lesson I've learned from living out here where every single day has been an adventure? Live each day to the fullest. Live every moment live it won't ever happen again. Because it won't. I'm not going to let any moment pass me by that I have left here. Now, off to work, and then Coldstone. Ice cream makes everything happier. ^_^ (see my secret loves if you don't believe me). Mmm, ice cream.

And don't forget my hot-awesome contest where you can win any book you want. That's right, any book. And there are 3.7 kajilllion ways you can win. I counted. (I didn't. But it's close:).

2 comments:



PJ Hoover said...

When are you leaving? Will I miss you? I'll be there late June early July.

Heather Zundel said...

Yes PJ, I will be gone by then for sure. But I need to talk to you about something, so I'll be emailing you shortly. :) I'll just have to come to a signing to see you. :D