Feature Fun Friday - Ingrid Law (Savvy) Interview

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): A Riot of Color by Little Kingdom.


As we are nearing the end of my self-proclaimed Fairy Tale Month, I thought it high time for another author interview. But instead of falling to some obvious vetrans, I thought I'd take a different spin on matters.

Ingrid Law has written a phenomenal book, Savvy, about a family who has *ahem* larger than life powers. I mean, this is the opening line for heaven's sake:


"When my brother Fish turned thirteen, we moved to the deepest part of inland because of the hurricane and, of course, the fact that he'd caused it."


Sweet, huh? :)

This is not your traditional "fairy tale" story because Ingrid Law had the idea based off American tall tales. And I think those are as close a thing to fairy tales we have this side of the pond, so rock on. I certainly had never had thought of them this way, and it's just so cool. It also won a Newberry Honor, if that first line wasn't convincing enough for you. ;) Enjoy the interview and have a fabulous weekend everyone. :)


2 comments:



Unknown said...

Oh, very cool. This book is on my too-read list. :)

Kate said...

This sounds like a good read. I don't think I know any American tall tales.