We've Entered the 4th Tower of Babel

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): See You Tomorrow by John Powell [How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack].




I love this time of year. There is ambiance of Christmas music echoing from every radio and MP3 receiver in the house (which has been playing since the day after Halloween I might add, a la my little sister. Something we vehemently disagree on the timing of, but hey, it's really nice now), the sweet silence of snow drifting to the ground (hoo-boy, is there snow on the ground. I'll have to take pictures for you), and soon will be the multi-faceted smell of meat, potatoes, and stuffing as we prepare for Thanksgiving (triptophan here I come!). Oh yeah, and the furious smell of ink and paper burning. What? You haven't heard of that part? No, I haven't turned all Fahrenheit 451 on you. No, that smell is from the friction of a thousand pages flipping by at RPMs in the triple digits, reading each book so fast they threaten to catch fire. The Cybils. Here's my holiday. This is my current TBR for the Cybils only. We've now entered Tower of Babel #4. And these don't even include all of the books I've read so far (which is quite a lot). So there you go. While everyone else is enjoying egg nog and the freak-a-thon shopping that is Black Friday, I will be curled up with a mini fort-o-books all around me. But hey, maybe I'll jump into the shopping foray. I mean, it's not like I'll have to wake up early. I just have to stop reading for a while. ;) And somehow I don't think I'm going to get out of stuffing picking regardless of how many puppy eyes I give everyone.




0 comments: