Well, this is weird.

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now) Stars by Switchfoot.




So, um, more developments in Contest Epic. The second winner never claimed the prize either. You know, the big UBER prize with eleven books and a ton of swag? Yeah... this has never happened before. I'm in kind of a quandary about what to do. The form asked for your follower ID and email address, and I'm wondering if this made people think I was going to contact them directly if they won. The real reason behind the email address was so I could verify I had the right winner in case of a common name (I saw several names like "Misty" "Sarah" and the like as the followers started coming in) and most blogs have an email to contact them. Because I always wanted (and really hoped) the new followers would want to come back.
So.
I'm not sure what to do.


A couple of options:


Email the first winner (Stella - Ex Libris) and give her the prize?
Pick a new winner?
-but if so, how?



Any ideas would be welcome. I want this to be fair (and fun, goodness. Really, this is so weird). Good news I suppose, the Uber Prize pack is potentially back on the market. That's got to make a few people smile.





P.S All other prizes have been mailed and are now on their way. :)

13 comments:



Vanessa said...

Pick a new winner!!

There may be a certain amount of self-interest involved in that recommendation...

How did your short-story writing go, by the way? did I miss an update?

Vanessa said...

As to how you should pick the winner, you could always just draw another winner from the previous entries.

Avery said...

I agree with NotNessie... Pick a new winner! (but yeah, that is totally weird)...

Shayana said...

I went back and looked at your original winner announcement and noticed a HUGE amount of scrolling. I had read the message originally on my RSS feed and it had cut all that off. It's possible that the first winner just didn't see her name, esp. if she was using the RSS instead of going to your actual blog site to read the results.
While I'm all for choosing another winner, you may want to give her another shot, esp. if she used an email address she doesn't regularly check.

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

you could use random.org and choose a new winner...

lotusgirl said...

I like it when the gift giver emails me. Sometimes I'm on a blog break of for many various reasons I may not make it back. I can understand you redrawing though.

My thoughts on anything and everything said...

I don't think I participated in this but I believe you should pick a new winner.If you have emailed the winners and even posted it on your blog and still they have not claimed their prize then I think you should redraw:)

Ellz said...

Tough call. I am sure everyone who entered would love another shot at the prize. If your original entry rules said the winner would be announced and it was the winners job to email you, then I would stick with it.

You wanted followers who read your blog and the previous winners don't seem to be reading.

However, sometimes blogger doesn't cooperate and maybe they missed the post.

Sorry, that answer probably didn't help.

Okie said...

That's crazy...why enter if you're not going to collect on the goods after. ;)

tearyeyedstars said...

I think you should pick a new winner (:
(another chance for me?)

Anonymous said...

You should pick a new winner! (That IS wierd)

Pamk said...

pick a new winner. You stated your policy and thus she should have checked back. If you hadn't stated that you need to to email you if you won that you'd email them that would be a different story.

Meadowlark Layne said...

That's a tough call. I suppose it depends on if you said specifically that they would have to check back or not.

I know for me I often read the blogs I follow in spurts. I don't have the time to get to them all every day so when I have a few hours I may catch up on weeks worth of posts at a go.

It doesn't mean I'm not following, I just follow a little differently than reading everything the moment its published.

I also prefer to read blogs via email than google reader like most, that's just me.

Either way, you are making someone really happy and I just want you to know you did achieve your goal of increasing followers whether it feels like it or not.

Cheers!