New code-names!

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Inama Nushif by Brian Tyler [Children of Dune soundtrack].


Okay, you guys seriously have me freaked out. I can hear your chants for "VLOG!" over here. It's truly scary, like hide-under-my-bed scary, but there's no room under there because of my Mac box. No reprieve. So I'm scarfing chocolate while doing every scrap of research I can in preparation for this recipe unveiling.

Because not only do I have to invent a completely new recipe (which I haven't done in years), but I also have to make a vlog about it! What was I thinking?! I don't know anything about being in front of the camera. There is a reason why I was always in the pit orchestra and never on stage in school. There's a reason why I like EDITING videos, not being in front of them! Hyperventilating. Need more chocolate. *scarfs*

I'm a behind-the-scenes girl. This is so scary. I need your help. Comments are always appreciated. And will someone please promise to try and make the recipe I reveal, no matter what it is? (I promise it will be good, don't worry). That will ease my fears bigtime. Also, I count myself exempt from any blog warring for quite a while (I'm looking at you Shannon. I saw that evil chanting you did yesterday).


So, since my nerves are absolutely on the fritz, you are going to get an explanation of something I've been wanting to reveal for a while. *rubs hands together gleefully*


While I love putting myself out there, I try and keep my family as low-key as possible. This has resulted in some rather convoluted descriptions when trying to explain certain stories. This is because all of my siblings are girls (Little Big Sister, Little Sister, Little Little Sister - you get the idea). So - I have names! I totally give all credit for this idea to Vivian as she does something similar with her daughters.

I have three sisters. I am the oldest (love it!). I have a twin. That's the basics you need to know. So bum Bum BUM! I now can reveal their super-secret code names! (It's only appropriate since I am an undercover superhero, right?). :)

In descending order from age:

Me: uh... me. :)

Twin: Twin (Sorry, I have a hard time thinking of her as anything else after all this time). Maybe something brilliant will come later. Anyone got any good twin names? (Castor and Pollux are boys, so no. I don't think she wants to be called either).

Little Sister: the Wunderkind. - She doesn't see it, but she is amazing. She thinks she is just average, but really, she is brilliant in everything she does. Love her to death and she's beautiful to boot.

Little Little Sister: the Snake Charmer. She loves snakes, what can I say? She's loved them from a way-too early age. Her biggest dream is to own a ball python. I run away, and she runs toward them.


So there you go. My new code-names for my family. Hopefully it will be easier and more fun for everyone. Now there is only the video to worry about. *gulp* Um... where's my chocolate?...

5 comments:



Frankie Diane Mallis said...

You're so funny ----sooooo excited for the vlog. I have 3 sisters too! But they're all little and I'd go nuts trying to have code names for them.

Heather said...

I absolutely promise to make the recipe you create. I love trying new things in the kitchen. I'll even share the recipe with my book club! Just try not to use anything that I can't pronounce, and if you can feature either the crockpot or the microwave heavily, that would be great (OK, kidding about that last part).

Kirthi said...

I'm not so good at cooking, but my mom and I can make it! She's always pushing me to cook (I did not inherit her cooking talent) I'd be glad to cook your recipe! Cute code-names :D

Shannon Messenger said...

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy! She's going to vlog! Awesome. And no--no blog war. I have my hands full enough with Frankie (*shudders at the thought of her impending retaliation*) And I'm sorry but if the Hunger Games wins you are Vlogging in the Katniss costume or I WILL start a blog war. And don't think I can't--I have quite a few evil followers who would be MORE than happy to force you.

(Wow, I might need to stop or I really am going to get a rep for being the most evil blogger ever--which is weird because I'm actually quite a lovely person. I blame Frankie. She brought out this side of me.)

Adorable names for the sisters. Can't really relate as I only have one sister and she's older (which I love. No matter how old I feel she will always be older)

Can't wait for the vlog! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather Zundel said...

Frankie - How about "Thing 1" "Thing2" and "Thing 3"? :D

Heather - You are SO incredibly sweet. THANK YOU!

Kirthi - Kirthi, I love you too. Heart, swelling with joy, right now. There may be tears, honestly.

Shannon - Evil. Pure evil behind an adorable and completely forgivable smile. :)