Book Spine Poetry, Part 1.

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Swing Life Away by Rise Against.


To celebrate National Poetry Month and a post-National Library Week, I thought I would squash the two together in a very cool mash-up of sorts. Has anyone heard of book spine poetry? Apparently it's a fairly new art form that is taking off and is pretty self-explanatory even if it isn't nearly as easy as it sounds. Simply put, you make poetry from the titles of book spines. Like magnetic poetry - sort of. It has some really cool (and sometimes bizarre) results. But dang is it fun. So this entire week, you get to see my early attempts of spine poetry in action. I did this all at my local library (had to tie them together, of course) and I got some really funny looks for it, too. :)

And if you decide to hop in on the fun, send me a link and I will post it back here.


The girls next door
always watching...
...Carter finally gets it.





After the moment,
One whole and perfect day---
Everything is fine.


2 comments:



Unknown said...

Oh, WOW! I love this idea!!! It is truly brilliant. I am *so* going to copy you on this one :)

Heather Zundel said...

I bet you'd be fantastic at it. I want to see you give it a try and post up the results really soon on your blog!

Copy away, girl! I would love to see this thing go viral. :)