Feature Fun Friday - Instructions by Neil Gaiman

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Art of Motion by Andy McKee.


To end National Poetry Month, I had to go with an all-time favorite of mine - Instructions by Neil Gaiman. And can you imagine to my delight (and squealing. Yes, there was very much squealing involved) when I found out that this poem was being turned into a picture book? And they made a video of it and had Neil Gaiman narrate it? I love that man's voice. That makes for a situation of win all around, and one awesome Feature Fun Friday. Have a great weekend everyone!


(And here is a wonderful and fascinating evolution of Charles Vess' sketches to Neil Gaiman's poem Instructions, from pencil to finished product).




3 comments:



TFATDHQ said...

Awesome - Andy Mckee and Neil Gainman in one post - v cool

Unknown said...

....wow.

I had not seen this before, nor heard Gaiman's poem...

But...wow.

Heather Zundel said...

Matt - Another Andy McKee lover! Yay!!! I'm glad you foudn your way to my humble spot of the world. I think it is awesome you are a musician. I thought your blog looked really cool.

Beth - I know, right? I was stunned the first time I heard it too. But it's stuck with me, and I love it. He really has a way with how he weaves words together.