EPIC Contest for aspiring writers.

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Harry and Hermione by Nicholas Hooper [Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince soundtrack].


I know a fair number of my fellow followers *waves* are also aspiring authors. And so in the thought of spreading goodwill, here is the contest of the year. The sweet Sarah Wylie has just had a book deal (rock on Sarah!) and it was just announced in Publisher's Marketplace. So in honor of that huge achievement, she is offering a prize pack of EPIC proportions. How does a query letter critique from Kathleen Ortiz, Joanna Stampfel-Volpe, or Colleen Lindsay sound? Or a 30 page personal manuscript from her agent, Suzie Townsend? Or an honest-to-goodness private lunch with BOTH Janet Reid and Suzie Townsend? Oh dang. I want. Like, now. There is of course free books to give away. I haven't seen something like this in one place ever. And definitely follow her. She has a great blog.

0 comments: