Percy Jackson recipe!

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): A Pirate's Life for Me (Disney) by Xavier Atencio And George Burns.


The Percy Jackson recipe is complete! Some of you guessed correctly. I invented a recipe for ambrosia, the food of the gods. Really, could I do anything else? So here it is, and after much experimenting, I must say, it is delicious.



Percy Jackson's Golden Ambrosia



1 part Mango Nectar
1 part Orange Juice
2 parts White Grape Peach juice (this is available at Walmart).
Drizzle of Caramel into each cup (optional)



This recipe is not in a standard form because I wanted it to be easily convertible to any size of gathering (I would love to try this thing at a book club, or anywhere, really). So "1 part" can be any form of measure you want, whether it be in cups, jugs, buckets or even those gravy boats that look like little cows, if that tickles your fancy.

But as a rough guide 1/4 Cup Mango Nectar and Orange Juice each, and 1/2 Cup White Grape Peach Juice gives one good-sized cup for one person, or 2 smaller portions. (And so you know, I think the caramel gives it a wonderful, rich and subtle flavor, but is by no means required, especially for those looking for a vegan form of the recipe).

I picked these juices because ambrosia is historically famous for having a golden color, like honey (some historians even think ancient ambrosia may have been honey in actuality). There are two famous versions of ambrosia - the drink, and the food food. I without thinking made the drink, because that one is more famous to me. But in the actual Percy Jackson books, it is the food. Go figure. So that recipe is coming up... now. :)


6 comments:



Tales of Whimsy said...

I LOVE it! I love this feature! Bravo! I can't wait to try it.

Kirthi said...

Wow! I think this sounds so delicious, I'm off to the grocery store!

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Sounds like heaven!

Vanessa said...

Yum!

Heather Zundel said...

Juju - Thank you Juju! I occassionally need this kind of encouragement to help me know this is actually something people like.

Kirthi - Oh, do! It is very yummy. Very "fresh" I would have to say.

Frankie - I made sure to leave a vegan option. :) (Is there a vegan version of caramel?)

NotNessie - OH YEAH.

Anonymous said...

hey yummy but i thought ambrosia was a food not a drink?