Percy Jackson recipe, part two.

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): End Credits by Klaus Badelt [Pirates of the Carribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl soundtrack].



Okay, so I didn't look when I starting my recipe inventing for Percy Jackson. I just plunged in. And while the result is awesomeness in a cup, it is not really accurate to the book. Rick Riordan's ambrosia is the munchable kind. So here is biteable ambrosia, but I must tell you that this is not my recipe. But it is by gosh darn the closest thing to ambrosia to exist in this world. It's on an old family recipe card (the kind where you have no idea where it came from), so to preserve this unknown gem, I am sharing it with all of you. Really, I could die eating this stuff and be perfectly happy about it. This is one recipe I will not tweak to even make it the slightest bit healthier. It is perfect as it is. Like I said, death by chocolate is okay by me.


Mint Fudge Brownies (Ambrosia)


Brownie

1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. melted Margarine or Butter
4 Eggs (beaten)
2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Salt

Mix together, trying to make it as smooth as possible. I've found hand mixing is best (it won't be liquid, but it won't be stiff like cookie dough). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min (use the toothpick test for doneness). And yes, the snitching is great too.


Mint Frosting

2 C. Powdered Sugar
4 tsp. melted Margarine or Butter
Canned Milk until the desired consistency
Peppermint Extract to taste
Green Food Coloring to desired color

Beat to a semi-thin consistency. Spread on cooled brownies and wait a few minutes before putting on the chocolate layer.


Chocolate Frosting

4 T. melted Margarine or Butter
4 C. Powdered Sugar
1/3 C. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Canned Milk to desired consistency.

Beat until smooth. Spread over cooled layers. Devour.


Yield: 1 - 9x13 pan. Delish.




I will add photos to this the next time I make it.

5 comments:



Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds awesome. I can't wait for a picture :)

Dana Cheryl said...

Wow Heather! Why didn't ya make any of this for me?! Oh wait I was your visiting teacher, right?! I should have made it for you. Well, if I could I would go back in time and make these for you.

It's the thought that counts, right? :)

Vanessa said...

I would be scared to make these. I might just eat the whole batch myself.

Heather Zundel said...

Juju - Most definitely.

Dana - Hee. If I would have known, I TOTALLY would have made it for you, VT or no. :) How about you come north and I'll make it for you again. Or have you moved back to Kentucky?

NotNessie - Oh, that has happened before. No regrets here. :)

Dana Cheryl said...

Heather, I'll take you up on that offer. Currently, I'm in Kentucky for an extended visit. I'll be back to the Honeybee State in July. I'm planning to hike Havasu with some of our ol' ward buddies. You should join in!!!