Feature Fun Friday - George's Marvelous Medicine, Theater style

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls.




Any kind of art rocks my world. Music, movies, theater, dance, origami, painting, oh yeah, novels. The list could go on. But my inner geek goes into giddy overdrive when art forms become combined. Photoshop painting of Lily and Severus from HP? Or bookmarks? Love it. A famous band who writes a song from a movie that touched them? Gush. ^_^ Another one I've recently(-ish) discovered is turning a book into a play. I've heard of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie done by a children's theather (how adorable can you get!?) and now, a theatrical version of Roald Dahl's George's Marvellous Medicine being done in London at the New Wimbledon Theatre. I don't know about you, but I think Roald Dahl's style is perfect for this kind of artistic transformation. Too bad it's on the other side of the pond. What do you think? What is a book you would like seen turned into a play? Or what do you think of artistic crossovers in general?



0 comments: