To AtU and Beyond...!

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Don't Let Me Fall by Lenka.




So if you haven't heard about Beth Revis's most epic contest, you should head over there right now. Between her and Penguin, they are giving away a Fort Knox worth of the good stuff, including 50 custom Across the Universe water bottles (you'll get it when you read the book, and it is fantastic. I so want one of these), awesome pin swag all around, star suckers, signed hardcovers, audiobooks, something secret inside a special box, and a freaking ipod touch! (I want it I want it, so please, no one enter for that one). :) It is as she has said "Now with more EPIC." I agree.



And all you have to do is take a picture with you and your copy of the book (click the linky above for all the juicy deets). [Edit: And it's just been extended to the 31st! So go get a book and get creative! :D] And oh!!! I forgot about the referral prize. If you heard about the contest through here, do put my name in the referral line. Pretty please? Cause that audiobook would make my entrance into nerdy university complete. :) But seriously, click over there. There are so many ways to win prizes of awesome.



So in preparation I decided to bring on all my sci-fi nerdy love. And apparently I wasn't the only one to join the party.





A certain space cadet fresh from the academy decided he just had to come along. When I asked where we were going, all he would say was "To infinity and beyond." That was okay with me, so long as it brought me closer to AtU (and who could resist that smile or charisma?) :)







When I hitched a ride on perhaps the coolest ship ever in the verse, AtU and she decided to compare schematics. :)







And while we were waiting, AtU decided to play dress up. I looked everywhere for a light saber for myself, but they were already taken.




























Oh, and by the way, you have no idea how hard it is to get play-dough buns on anything. Major kudos to Leia. My respect for awesome girl has grown even more.



5 comments:



Colene Murphy said...

Bahahaha! That is awesome!! I love AtU Leia buns!

Tales of Whimsy said...

O I LOVE the Buzz photo :)

Heather Zundel said...

Colene Murphy - Aren't they AWESOME!? :D I thought they were the coolest idea ever. Then I had to get them to stick on... (grrr...)

Juju - My too! He's on a bookshelf in my room!

Kate Coombs said...

Got the book, but now I want the swag! Thanks.

Heather Zundel said...

Kate Coombs - Same here! I love swag. :)