A little bird told me. . .

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol


A little bird told me some very interesting news recently. Apparently some book trailers are making it to the big screen. Very interesting. I remembered the first time I ever saw a book trailer. It was on a dvd, for Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl series. The first one. (it was a terribly boring trailer, but it was the first I had ever seen). Let us hope this idea catches on even more. Spread the literature love, I say!

And in some sad news - Harper Collins has suspended its First Look program, while they say they work on an even better program.

And this is more for my "writer readers" out there (hey, that sounded kinda funny. And cool. A funnycool). Unless you've been living under a rock, you know of a Scottish sweetie by the name of Susan Boyle who has swept the world by storm. But literary agent Rachelle Gardener has turned the tables around, and showed how we can learn from her as writers. It's actually a very insightful post. She also apparently has a book deal in the works. Go figure.


Now off to see Newsies with my little sister, who has been sick all week with laryngitis (how she swung a chocolate cake out of this whole affair, I'll never know. I never could at that age).

4 comments:



Anonymous said...

LOVE Newsies. LOVE lovelovelovelovelove. The movie that inspired my lifelong obsession with Christian Bale.

Heather Zundel said...

Hee. I can't say my obsession started with Little Women, but that IS the first place I ever saw him. I'd say my obsession started with either The Prestige, or Howl's Moving Castle. ^_^

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the link! It's a great post!
And I love the idea of book trailers making it to the big screen!

Heather Zundel said...

PJ - Me too! Any chance we might see a book trailer for Naval of the World on there someday? :)