Tangent - yummy food!

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Sage of Lamberene by Sam Cardon & Kurt Bestor


Okay, this is via Aerin. She wanted to know the recipe for my "yummy food" from Cinco de Mayo, so here it is! And it really is the easiest, tastiest recipe you could ever have. Like seriously, if zombies attack, you can make this all out of the cans in your house, minus 1 ingredient.


Yummy Food-ness

Saute 1/2 large onion (sliced), then add,

2 cans of black beans
1 (normal sized) can of hominy (it's corn, not puffy rice, like I first thought. It's in the Ethnic food isle, usually) :)
1 can diced, UNFLAVORED tomatoes (NEVER pick the Italian-seasoned kind for this. Blech).
2 tbs, minced garlic
Chili Powder (a lot) to taste
Cayenne or Red Pepper to taste
A Red Chili (optional) sliced/cut/whatever - to taste

Stir until warm/soft. Eat in tortilla. Yummy-ness all around.

(You can also shred some canned chicken in another pot and add a little barbecue sauce, heat it up, and oh my goodness, does it taste good!). I hope you enjoy Aerin! Tell me if any of you, my beloved readers, try it. My sister just invented the recipe on the spot based on what we had in the house. I think she's pretty amazing.

1 comments:



Unknown said...

Hmmm....sounds good! And making me hungry!!

I love that kind of meal--whatever you can find kind. It's always the best!