Of Tomatoes and. . . Antelope?

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Such Great Heights by The Postal Service.


Today has been quite a day of adventures. First, I saw an antelope. An honest-to-goodness antelope. Two of them. It happened while I was driving. There's an open theater near my house and just as I was going past it, on the crest of a hill, sprung up two antelope. My first literal thought was "I'm not in Africa."

I never knew that they lived here in the desert. It was incredible. I only wish I could have taken a picture. But driving+camera=not a good idea. But here is a pretty close approximate. It almost has the right angle and everything.


My second adventure today was squeezing stewed tomatoes. Yep, I live the high life. My sister needed them without the water for our Cinco de Mayo dinner, and so I got squeezing duty. Pulling them out of the jar was interesting enough. Like pulling a sci-fi slug from a jar. It was fun to poke. I still do indeed, play with my food. ^_^




The color was fantastic.



So, today's lesson is - take life by the tomato and squeeze it! (not entirely sure where the antelope comes in). . .

2 comments:



Anonymous said...

Heather! You can't post a picture of that yummy food without posting the recipe!! Geez.... :)

Heather Zundel said...

You want the recipe? Never fear! It is on its way! :D