And the winner is...

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): If Only by Fiction Plane [Holes soundtrack].


You guys are incredible, you know that? Do you realize how many things you've done in such a short time? Ripples people - just like in Pocahontas ^_^ (yes, I am still on a Disney kick. In fact, I'm not sure if I'm ever not on a Disney kick. Disney world just made it worse).

So, I'm betting you are wanting to know who won their choice of one of my lovely signed books, right? Patience. We'll get there, but I want to show you how incredible you really are.

Here are some of the things you have done (and much more, I'm expecting. Unsaid, unspoken, and many more by those who did not enter).

- Leaving behind cash in the pages of a library book for someone to find.

- Donating clothes

- Donating books

- Visiting with an estranged uncle for the first time in six years.

- Donating a critique to a charity auction

- Making banana bread for family

- Picking up a little sister from school

- Donating to a local hospital fundraiser

- Blogging or donating to Tu Publishing

- Turning off sprinklers to conserve water.


Like I said, you are incredible. And these are only some of the entries. There are even more not up there.

Now, it was a close call between two people. And it seemed they were both after the same book (alas. I fear I will be losing my precious Lightning Thief very soon. Sigh. I'll let go of it, I promise *glances at book* Really). Their vigor and verve was exhausting. It was fun to sit back and watch. :) However, one of their entries included feeding a possum (which her husband is deathly afraid of), so I'm not sure if that negates the good deed. ;)

Now, onto the winners!

...

...

a little longer

...

...

not yet

...

...

...

now I'm just being mean, aren't I?

...

...

...

okay

...

Shannon Messenger!


She came in at a whopping 24 entries. Even my jaw dropped. That really deserves a round of applause. She donated to Tu Publishing twice, for which I gave her an extra 5 points. A good deed is a good deed. Twice done is still a good deed done. So dear Shannon, take your pick! You have two days to contact me, or the choice will go to the next runner up, Tere Kirkland (she did an amazing number of things as well). Really, well done everyone. I can only imagine the impact you have had.


P.S Shannon - I don't think that possum one should have counted. I think your husband would agree with me. :)

4 comments:



Shannon Messenger said...

Squee!! I won! Really? OMG-YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY YEAR (and it's almost over, so that's saying A LOT!) And wow, I'm amazed--I look like an actual decent person, instead of the evil blogger tormenting Frankie. I guess I'm a paradox. Okay, emailing you now!

Tere Kirkland said...

Evil blogger, LOL! Shannon, no one is ever going to believe that about you now! ;)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congrats, Shannon! I think you may be well on your way to taking over the entire blogosphere with your popularity. I see you and your name everywhere I go! Watch out dearest Lisa and Laura! LOL ;-)

Great contest, Heather.

Heather Zundel said...

Shannon - Hahaha! YOU did all the work. I just added numbers. :) Evil blogger. Heh heh. You can be EvilBlogger and I can be WriterGirl. How does that sound?

Tere - It's true. She's way too nice. But it does have a certain rhythm to it though.

Shannon - I know. She's kinda exploded eh? And I can proudly say I knew her when she was only an eight follower blog... Ah, the good ole days... :)