Back from Hookey

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse.


Sorry for not saying goodbye while I played hookey on this blog for a week. It was fun, and I don't think you missed me too much because I only have 437 blog posts to catch up on instead of my usually 800+. :) Sadly I'm sick again (I think it was the books from Christmas. Stupid kryptonite.). Tried gargling salt water. Don't do it. Not if you're unprepared. Horrible horrible, kuh kah. *shudder*

What a wonderful week, filled with snow, turkey, family and Buzz Lightyear action figures. Yes, I got Buzz Lightyear for Christmas. He is actual movie size with thirty made-of-cool sayings. And his head moves. But alas, no karate-chop action. But he has an impressive wingspan and a real laser and is "highly posable." I'm trying to figure out which I like more, him or my giant tub of play-doh. Isn't that made of pure awesome? Yes, I am a full grown adult, I promise. I graduated college with tassels even.


THEN came the secret santa from the blogosphere. Not only did I get a very cool-looking obscure book, I got foreign chocolates (I'm in love!), lavender lip balm, AND the coolest looking handbag all the way from Venezuela! Isn't is beautiful? Now I'm trying to think of all these places I can take it.


But really, nothing can top what my little sister gave me for Christmas. She didn't think I liked it because I didn't squeal (I tend to squeal a lot. I'm famous for my noises, it's terrible). But mostly because I needed to read what it was. And it is the coolest thing ever - Princess Tiana's Cookbook from The Princess and the Frog baby! I have the secret recipe for Tiana's amazing Famous Beignets (the ones featured in the movie). Much hilarity and photographing will ensue as I try to make them I promise. All you from the south can tell me if I did them right (there is an art to southern cooking I believe and I'm trying to whack the sense of it into me. Maybe if I use a silver spoon...).


So Happy Holidays, whatever you may have celebrated and I hope you were able to share it with the people you love. Now, to fight this nasty cold...

10 comments:



Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Merry Christmas and warm wished for a healthy New Year.

Jazz said...

Merry Christmas! That purse is gorgeous. I didn't know Play-Doh was still popular . A friend of mine received 24 canisters of Play-Doh from her mother.

Heather said...

Oooh, beignets are DELICIOUS (and pretty easy to make, if I remember). Have fun (and those pictures you mentioned should definitely be posted here for our enjoyment).

Vanessa said...

Welcome back! And Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the beignet adventures!

Kirthi said...

Wow! Foreign chocolate is the best! And ICK, I hate gargling salt water, but it works sometimes!

Heather Zundel said...

Sweet Vernal Zephyr - Thank you so much! Trust me, I need it. I hope the same for you.

Jazz - That's awesome. And now I don't feel like such a dweeb. How did she find that many colors? (and that is not just one thing of play-doh. It has accessories inside to. That would be pretty amazing if it was though).

Heather - You've had beignets? So jealous! And trust me, I'll make good on my promise. Hilarity will ensue (oh, and remind me, I need to email you about something soon).

Not Nessie - Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too.

Beth - Hahaha! What, for me to succeed or fail epically? I am a quite a decent cook you know (I took two years of professional cooking classes), let's see if these defeat me.

Kirthi - I know it works, but it's genrally good if you don't SWALLOW any of it first. ;) Even on accident. Tummies don't like that. (LOVED your interview with Maria Snyder by the way).

Jazz said...

I'm not sure if there were 24 different colors, but she probably ordered them from the internet.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love your little bag and cookbook :) I hope you had a beautiful Merry Christmas :)

Heather Zundel said...

Jazz - Ah, the internet. Such a happy place...

Juju - I love them too. And thank you very much! I hope yours was the same.