I'm Twitter Famous!!!!

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Still Alive by Lisa Miskovsky.


Euphoria. Yep, that's right.

What is better than soap bubbles, fresh bread or cookies? (okay, maybe not cookies). Meeting one of your favorite authors. Mine came on Saturday in the form of the super humble and incredibly kind person of Brandon Sanderson.

You don't know who Brandon Sanderson is? Gasp! *faints*

Here, go visit this Feature Fun Friday and watch this video for the making of the artwork for one of his books.

Now that I'm satisfied you are properly drooling over the pretty cover, he is none other than the "chosen one" to finish The Wheel of Time series by the late Robert Jordan. But his own books are nothing short of critically amazing. Overthrowing the evil overlord via Ocean's Eleven type heist? SOLD! And he is also the author of the incredibly funny Alcatraz Vs. the Evil Librarian series for kids (hilarious. He has a whole rant on why authors are people who like to torture other people).

And I got to meet him.

And not only that, he TWEETED about me - by name!

While in line, I tried to think of something intelligent, witty, with a dash of humor to say to him. Didn't pass on any of those marks, but I did manage to not stutter, pass out, or generally fall over (which I am prone to do in the best of circumstances). We had a wonderful brief conversation. I heard him mention to someone else that they could just hang out until the (uber) line died down and then they could talk more. Jumped on that bandwagon. I heard some great stories and it was a blast. I even got to meet some other authors who had come to see him.

And then it came time to sign stock. I can't remember exactly how it happened, but we (me and two other guys Mr. Sanderson seemed to know who) volunteered to help pass him books, stick on stickers and inserts, and general other slave labor stuff. Best hour ever. We were able to talk so open and frank and I heard some incredibly awesome things. I was in seventh heaven.

I even got a picture with him - so so cool.



And here is a shot of all the of books we helped move. :)



He thanked us and shook our hands and then one of the guys next to me (was it Josh?), he said that Brandon should about tweet about our monkey slave labor. So Brandon whips out his phone and says "I can do that right now." Little keypad boops start flying and viola! Insta-famous. Here is my proof.




My name, right there. So cool! Best part of this? Less than twenty seconds after he finishes, one of them gets a text from a friend say OMG! Brandon Sanderson just tweeted about you! :D

So yeah, totally famous now. ;)

11 comments:



Melanie said...

That's so exciting!

Shannon Messenger said...

See. Twitter is WONDERFUL!!! You need to join the dark side Heather. It's calling to you. You're a part of us now. Resistance is futile. (wait, did I just mix Star Trek and Star Wars metaphors again? I think I did.)

brizmus said...

I don't know who he is - but yay! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! That is sooooooo awesome!!!

(And I'm with Shannon: join the revolution!)

Cheryl Reif said...

Yay! How cool! I'm suitably impressed--I've been hearing about this guy ever since he was chosen to finish the WOT series.

PJ Hoover said...

How fun and awesome is that! And you look great in the pic!

Heather Zundel said...

Buddens - You know it! (hi cousin!)

Shannon - Which is doubly funny because you hate Star Wars. The dark side is pulling, but I must resist. Must... resist...

Brizmus - That's okay! You'll definitely know him when he barges onto the YA world, someday.

Beth - Not you too! MUST... RESIST...

Cheryl Reif - Yay! Glad you know him. Have you read any of his books?

PJ - Why thank you. I thought I looked passable. My bangs really didn't want to stay put.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Very exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Charlotte said...

How cool ! Yay !

Heather Zundel said...

Lenore - I know! Isn't it one of the coolest things to meet a fabulous author?

Stacy Buckeye - Agreed!

Charlotte - I was pretty much ready to dance in circles. I tried very hard to restrain myself though. :)