Help... Me...

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): All I Know by Five For Fighting [Chicken Little soundtrack].


It's finally happened. My seventeenth (or maybe eighteenth... yeah, definitely eighteenth) worst fear has finally happened. My little sister, the Snake Charmer, finally got her dearest wish.




We have a ball python in the house.




*Pauses for a moment* Aaaaaah!!!




Yeah, I'm supposed to be an undercover superhero and all (ordinary girl extraordinaire!) :) but this thing is ten feet long, has beautiful coloring (yes, I will admit that), and her name is Trinity. Like from The Matrix. I wonder if that says anything... *imagines suspending leaping reptiles*



*shudder*



First of all, that cage is ginormous. Yes, I am making that an official word, and Firefox didn't correct my spelling so that proves it is real, right? :) But seriously, you could probably lock two full-grown people inside of it. Maybe three. She has her own tree in there for heaven's sake! And yes, I made sure it came with a lock (like from those cheap diaries you can buy at a dollar store). Apparently if you don't have those, they can lift the lid off and go "wandering" about.



*double shudder*



But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was when Snake Charmer brought in the food. When you think "rat" you think something gross with glittering eyes, right? Like from Lady and the Tramp, or any number of Hollywood interpretations? Well, you got it WRONG Hollywood. I blame you for shattered misconceptions. These things are cute. They are either light tan, white, or a mixture of both. And they're small, like babies. Who ever heard of a white rat?! They're adorable. And they're going to get eaten. Do you think I am goin to be anyhere near her room when that happens? It's the circle of life, right here in my house.


You will get to see pictures of Trinity the snake very soon. As soon as I can stop panting from bringing that cage in.

5 comments:



Vanessa said...

Not to freak you out or anything, but my sister's ball python did escape! And it took my family 2 weeks to find it (hers was small... possible advantage to having a big one?). SO HAPPY I don't live at home anymore. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Ugh I feel for you. I don't like snakes at all! You should place something on top of it with weight so the snake doesn't escape at all. I wouldn't trust a tiny lock.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I would freak out big-time if there was a snake in my house. I don't think I'd sleep well at night. Ugh!

Celtic Traveler said...

Ergh. *wince* Sorry to hear that. We had snakes once. They escaped...

May I suggest a super heavy weight? That stopped our king snake from getting out...kinda.

Heather Zundel said...

Aaaaaaah! Why'd you have to tell me that?! Where did those encyclopedias go...?