Guest Blogger - Everead!

I only do it to keep myself sane. If I didn't read, I think I would probably go crazy. I've seen how I get when I haven't made time for myself to relax and read -- trust me, it's not pretty.

I've also been bitten by a social bug. For the same reason I can't go to bed until every other opportunity for conversation (person, computer) has gone to bed, I can't not talk about the books I read. I'm certain that this disease informs some of my reading.

I like to read what's being talked about -- that way I can get in on the conversation. So when I started reading author blogs and book review blogs that were mostly discussing recent releases, that's what I began picking up.

One blog led to another and I won a little giveaway on author James Dashner's blog: my first ARC! Since then the books have kept coming. Whether I was winning them in random contests or getting boxes of them in the mail from the Cybils, they've been coming in a fairly steady stream. Most of the books on these two shelves came to me by mail.

Have I read them all yet? Sadly, no. But I've read and reviewed many of them, and I'm still going strong. Heh, of course the only reason I can write this post now is because the baby's asleep.

Anyway, you'll find all kinds of fun stuff on my blog, I hope. Mostly it's book reviews that Ashley and I put up, but there are event reports and author interviews and lists and pictures and random stuff. You'll find it all at Everead. My earliest reviews are found at Jacob and Alysa.

Happy reading! And if you've got a book you love and want to post about it on my blog, send an email to everead@gmail.com with the subject "guest review," and I'll see what I can do.

2 comments:



PJ Hoover said...

Your bookshelf looks fantastic! I have many of the same books!

Heather Zundel said...

When I got this picture, I have to admit, I was quite envious of that bookshelf myself. :) Thank you Everead! (and I love the discreet hiding of your face behind the book).