Guest Blogger - Reading Keeps You Sane!

First of all, thank you so much for inviting me to do a guest post Heather! This is my first one! I have to say I do love your blog.

Heather gave me full freedom on what I wanted to write about. So I was on Skype the day that I wrote this and I was asking my blogging buddies what I should write about. They said, of course, to write about how awesome they are. My first instinct was to say no because who wants to hear about the friendships I have made? But then I thought about it. And it made a lot of sense to do it--to talk about how awesome the people who blog and who I talk with are.

I think the main reason I feel so comfortable in this online community is because I can actually be myself. I don’t have to worry about if my hair is messy, or if I stink (which I never do!), and I never have to worry if people think I’m weird or whatever because they aren’t there to judge me. They are there to talk to me about books.

I first started talking to bloggers almost a year after I started my blog. Before then all I did was email them occasionally and comment on blogs. But then in December, I was lucky enough to start chatting with Carol of Bookluver-Carols Reviews and we just never stopped chatting. It was first just about books, then maybe about TV or other entertainment, but then we really got to know each other, and I knew about who she was as a person and she knew who I was. We became really good friends and I am so glad that we have, she has helped me through some tough times, and through some times where I just needed to talk. She has become an honest friend to me, a freaking fantastic friend. I am completely glad I got to know her.

I then started to talk with a few other bloggers who had gmail and who I had exchanged emails with, and therefore was able to chat with them on chat. Khyrinthia was one of those people. Though she was hardly ever on gchat, we talked enough and I became friends with her. She is also a freaking fantastic friend. I also started talking with Yan a little bit, not as much but still, I got to know her, and her hilarious personality. Yan has become a friend too.

Around mid-March Carol told me to get Skype. So I did. It was one of the best things I honestly ever did.

On Skype I made even more friends. I got to know Liv, Hope, Amber, Jordyn, Sarah, and Zoe. Along with Khy and Carol--who were also on -- and a ton other bloggers who I’ve talked to, but not necessarily as much as the rest.

I have gotten so many friends after starting my blog. And many of you probably don’t know this, but I didn’t have many friends at school. I wasn’t close to anyone. I had only been at my new school for a year and I was really needing to be able to talk to somebody and all of you, all of you freaking fantastic friends, have helped me in more ways then you will ever believe.

Okay, honestly. Tonight I came into this to write about how awesome my online friends are, and I ended up writing something that is so emotional on how I got the awesome friends that I have.

What I really want to say is to anyone who is reading this: You can find friends anywhere. I never knew that my most best friends would be people I have never even met in real life. But they are. I talk to these people every single day. I don’t think it’s been a day since I got Skype that I haven’t talked to one of them.

I guess this all ends with the fact that I got my blog. It started because of my blog. My blog changed my life. And if I didn’t have this blog, which brought all these amazing, or scratch that, AWESOME friends along, I don’t know where I’d be. Probably not anywhere happy.

First Review ever: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Neffenegger.

3 comments:



Unknown said...

yay for kelsey!! We love you too! You are the reason I made friends with all of those you listed above!! Blogs must be fate, It was your blog that got me started!!

P.S. I am Amber posted above! YAY me :)

PJ Hoover said...

I love my internet friends! They are awesome and the best part is they are always accessible!

Great guest post!

Heather Zundel said...

This was a great angle Kelsey. Not bad for your first guest post ever!