Guest Blogger - My Favorite Author!

MyFavoriteAuthor was started almost a year ago after my book club friends and I had some really fun discussions about the books we were reading. Instead of a once a month meeting to discuss one book that we read over the last 4 weeks, I was talking almost daily with various members of the group about several different books we were reading in common. I thought I was sooo original in starting a book blog! hahaHA! But I’m glad that I wasn’t the first one with the idea to blog about my favorite books and authors.

We now have 3 bloggers at MyFavoriteAuthor – SpeedReader (me), Aubrey and PageTurner. We are all adults and moms and unabashedly proclaim our love of YA lit. We don’t read and review so that teens can find good books – we do it because WE love to find good books and want to pass on our favorites to other adults looking for something good to read. It just so happens that YA books have almost exclusively captured our attention, so that’s what we blog about.

I have found some of the most amazing books through the book blogs that I follow. I think the best way to find interesting books to read is by the recommendation of another person who you find to have similar to taste . . . not that I need any help adding more book to my To-Be-Read pile that is more than just a little bit out of control. I guess it’s a good thing I read so fast?? Or maybe I read so fast in order to keep up with my TBR list? That’s kind of like asking which came first – the chicken or the egg?

At any rate, in the spirit of finding new great books, here are some of our favorite authors at MyFavoriteAuthor:

Authors that first got us hooked on Young Adult:

* Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Saga, The Host)
* Shannon Hale (The Books of Bayern, Book of A Thousand Days, Princess Academy)
* Scott Westerfeld (The Uglies series)
* Libba Bray (Gemma Doyle Trilogy)
* Melissa Marr (Wicked Lovely series)
* Melissa de la Cruz (Blue Bloods series)
* Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments series)
* Christopher Paolini (The Inheritance Cycle)



Authors who sent us our very first ARCs:

* Saundra Mitchell (Shadowed Summer) ** Our very first ARC!!
* Sarah MacLean (The Season)
* Kurtis Scaletta (Mudville)



Authors whose book signings we’ve attended:

* Jessica Day George (Princess of the Midnight Ball, Sun Moon Ice and Snow, Dragon Slippers series)
* Julie Berry (The Amaranth Enchantment)
* Laurie Halse Anderson (Wintergirls, Speak, Twisted, etc)
* Angela Morrison (Taken By Storm)
* Shannon Hale (see above)
* Sara Zarr (Sweethearts, Story of A Girl)
* Mettie Ivie Harrison (The Princess and the Hound, The Princess and the Bear)
* A.E. Cannon (The Loser’s Guide to Life and Love)
* Emily Wing Smith (The Way He Lived)
* Aprilynne Pike (Wings)




Authors we have loved reading and reviewing:

* Lisa Ann Sandell (Song of the Sparrow, A Map of the Known World)
* Sydney Salter (My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters)
* Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy series)
* Claudia Gray (Everynight series)
* Joyce DiPastena (Loyalty’s Web)
* Deva Fagan (Fortune’s Folly)
* Erin Dionne (Model’s Don’t Eat Chocolate Cookies)
* Lisa Mantchev (Eyes Like Stars)
* Cyn Balog (Fairy Tale)
* Carrie Jones (Need)
* R.J. Anderson (Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter)
* Emily Whitman (Radiant Darkness)
* Lucienne Diver (Vamped)




I’m sure that I’m leaving someone off the list!! But if you’re looking for some really excellent books to read, this should give you a great place to start. If you’ve read all these books already and are looking for something new, then head on over to MyFavoriteAuthor! We’ve still got lots more books to read and review!

2 comments:



Rhiannon Hart said...

Nice guest post! I love reading how bloggers started up. I have a once-monthly bookclub with my friends, which is plenty for them but so not enough for me so thank goodness for the internet!! My Favourite Author was one of the first blogs I started following.

Heather Zundel said...

So true. On all those points Rhiannon. You can't believe how thrilled I am so many amazing bloggers agreed to do guest posts on here. And My Favorite Author is fantastic. Thank you again you guys! You're incredible.