Wearing bright cheerful colors confuses your enemies.

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): La Serenissima by Loreena McKennitt.


Oh happy day! (I'm singing that, by the way). For those of you who don't know, I am leaving this Saturday for a two week adventure in Thailand. We are going to be doing humanitarian aid for those hit hardest by the tsunami. Even years later, they are still feeling the effects. We're building up a school, hosting a health fair, and teaching little kids English. I am thrilled to be going. And so I'm packing! I've been crazy-busy trying to get everything I need (and I'm still so far behind. Tomorrow is the day to hunt down all the things I don't have. I've been scouring my house for a spare flashlight. Seriously, you think those things wouldn't be hard to find).

Because we are going to be doing a ton of heavy outdoor work and I didn't want to ruin any of my regular clothes, I went out and bought a mini-wardrobe especially for the trip! Imagine that, buying a wardrobe to ruin on purpose. But I was thrifty and waited until I saw Old Navy had $3.00 shirt sale. I don't care where you are, that's a sweet deal.

But by the time I got there, most of the shirts had been scoured. So I aimed only for size S. After that, I wasn't picky. But I got some very "green" t-shirts, which I thought oddly appropriate for a humanitarian aid trip. I bet some people in my team are going to be thinking I went out and bought them on purpose like that.

See? Shirts. Look at those chipper colors. :D Don't they positively exude warm fuzzy feelings? (Also on top paperback copies of Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. I've been dying to read the rest of them but I've held back. I had to have something to read on the 18-whatever-hour flight, right? And look how thick they are. I'm positively giddy with excitement. I don't like paperbacks, but I had to make sure I didn't care if they got ruined. They'll be world travelers with me!)




I swear, I look like the postergirl for humanitarian aid in this thing, don't I? (I have to admit, I think this is pretty awesome get-out). And the best part is, I'm leaving them there for the Thai kids to use after I'm done with them. Yay for double useful happiness! ^_^






Thanks so much for your support everyone. The guest blog posts I have received have been phenomenal. I can't wait to unveil what I have planned for here while I'm gone. But I'm strong. I can wait until Thursday. I think.


P.S The title for my post comes from the 101 Things I would do if I was an Evil Overlord. :)

4 comments:



Willowe said...

I think its so awesome that you're going there to help out for two weeks. And I gotta say, the shirts are great!

Unknown said...

Love that you're leaving the shirts! I also pack big bottles of shampoo, etc., and leave them there. And hey, it leaves more room for souvenirs.

I'm so excited for you--Thailand is going to be just brilliant, and I'm sure you'll have a blast. Wish I was going!

PJ Hoover said...

how exciting! And I love your t-shirt. It really is priceless. Thailand is one of those places I'd love to go, so have a great and rewarding time!

Elizabeth said...

Heh, I love that post title, and the title of the book you took it from. Awesome.