My clothes now smell like gasoline.

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): I Woke Up In A Car by Something Corporate.


Final preparations are underway for my humanitarian aid trip to Thailand. This includes making sure no mosquito finds me attractive in any way, shape, or form. When I went to get my shots *shudder at memories* they recommended a very powerful repellent that is to be used one clothes only (they were very specific on that point. You should have seen the directions. Do you remember my adventures in oven cleaning? Yeah, those rubber gloves came right out again - less than three lines into the directions. Did you know to get rid of the spray bottle, I have to call and consult my solid waste management for instructions on how to dispose of it? Yipes. And this stuff is going on my clothes?). So if a mosquito lands on me, that dude has serious issues. I don't care how much I look like a tropical flower.

Here is to one of the most awesome adventures of a lifetime that I could ever hope for. Everything I've been doing to get ready for it is so completely worth it.






Don't I look like death with that bottle in my hand? (And you can't really see it from this angle, but I totally have a camo shirt and bandanna on. I put them on just for this). All I have to say is "Die malaria-infested mosquitoes, die!"

0 comments: