New an Notable: Tales of Whimsy

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Kiss From a Rose by Seal.



As I'm sure you all know by now, Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW) is now well under way (no I did not make the finals, but really, the true honor was to be nominated. Thank you so much). Go head over there now, since voting only lasts a week (don't worry, I will be here as your friendly end-of-the-week reminderer) :)

But here I want to do something new again. There are a ton of amazing blogs I have never heard of on BBAW (thank you for nominating them!) but there are many absolutely astounding ones I did not see there. I don't think word has fully spread about them yet. I'm here to help do that. ^_^

I don't know how often I will do these, but rest assured, I am scouring the internet for amazing blogs for you. For the debut, I'm kicking it off with one of my absolute favorites: Tales of Whimsy.

Amazing, funny, thoughtful, extraordinarily thorough, there isn't a single thing I don't love about Tales of Whimsy. And I must say, she has one of the coolest review systems I've ever seen. I am extremely sensitive to violence, gore, sexuality, cruelty, language etc. so her "kiddie-o-meter" has become absolutely invaluable to me. Her other qualifiers are hilarious and equally helpful (here is a sample review of Beastly by Alex Flinn to give you a taste). And at only 100 followers, hers really is not one to be missed, or overlooked. I would highly suggest you take a look over there. Like, right now.


P.S - I love her "share worthy" where she quotes a passage from the book. It's awesome because you get a taste for the style of writing and the story. So cool.

5 comments:



Lauren said...

Tales of Whimsy is an awesome blog, and Juju's reviews are brilliant. Great pick!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out.

Heather Zundel said...

Lauren - Yep, it really is fantastic. One of those gems I literally cannot remember how I stumbled on it, but I'm so glad I did.

PJ - Do! Tis an awesome place.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oh Heather! This is wonderful! Thank you SOOOOO much! :)

Heather Zundel said...

Juju - you are most welcome. Just keep that amazing blog up.