So kill me already ;)

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Soul Meets Body by Death Cab for Cutie.


I'm a curious thing. It's just a part of who I am. If there is a cookie jar, you bet I'm going to look inside, just to be sure there's not a cookie in there. If there is something new to know, I want to know it. I love being curious, it makes everything so new and exciting (and is awesome for being a writer/author). There is never a dull moment in my life. But it can also be really bite. You've heard the saying "curiosity killed the cat," right? Well - kill me. Because you're going to kill me anyway if I don't know. :) I have two comments on my last post when I finally revealed what my story was about. I know there are more of you out there (I'm peeking that little window with all over with your lovely faces. Hello ^_^). Be honest, I can take it. I appreciate honesty more than anything, and I trust you guys. You already rock out my world. So hit me with your best shot.

5 comments:



PJ Hoover said...

I think the only thing to be honest about is that a lot of people prefer to lurk!

Shannon Messenger said...

Okay, okay. The only reason I didn't post a comment is because I HATE summaries (though I think your summary is well written--for what it's worth). It's the thing I'm dreading most about the querying process: reducing a book to one paragraph and having people decide if they like it based on that. I CAN'T decide from one paragraph. I need a sample chapter. (Actually, I need the whole book to really decide, but that's beside the point).

So all I can really say is that it does sound interesting and if I were an agent (which I sadly am not) I would ask for some pages to check it out. That probably doesn't satisfy your curiosity much...but it's the best I can do.

Congrats for reaching the point of querying though. I'm still MONTHS away from that. *sighs*

Heather Zundel said...

PJ - Too too true. I'm a notorious lurker myself, so I can't blame them.

Shannon Messenger - My curiosity will never be satisfied, but that's I good thing. Thank you for commenting though. I'm loving your blog as well (see? I AM a notorious lurker). Yours is a YA as well, isn't it?

Shannon Messenger said...

Yep. YA fantasy (though mine has kind of a weird twist on the whole fantasy thing). Sorry I haven't commented before. I guess I'm a lurker too. (Though I'm glad to know they're out there. I've been trying not to get depressed about my sad little 8 followers)

Heather Zundel said...

Shannon - email me and we can talk about it, k?