The story of RANSOM THE DAWN...

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): What I've Done by Linkin Park.


It looks like you want to see it. That is so thrilling. So here it is. And the cool part is, I can almost make everyone happy. This is an excerpt from my query letter, the actual one I sent out to agents. It comes in at 149 words (so almost everyone is happy). :) And thank you to those who put their trust in me. That was very humbling, truly. (And total props needs to be given to Beth Revis, who not only helped me craft this part of the query letter, but has been invaluable to my story as a whole. Her blog is hilarious and fantastic).

So without further ado, I *very* proudly present MBLM [my brave little manuscript], Ransom the Dawn.


Valkonen has everything: he is the sole inheritor of his father's kingdom, is betrothed to a beautiful princess, and has never wanted for anything in his life.

The problem is, it's not his life. It's Devaki's.

When the king saw that his son, Devaki, had sunk so low in his addiction to a local drug that he was no longer fit to rule, the king used dark magic to create a doppleganger. Valkonen, however, is no mindless puppet--he is, in fact, a better ruler than Devaki could ever be. Devaki--spurned on by rage at his stolen life--cleans his act, drops his addiction, and becomes determined to take his rightful place as prince. But who should be the next ruler--the prince born to rule but whose actions prove him unworthy, or the man-monster made from dark magic who wears the crown as a true prince should?


And for the cheeky one who picked "10 words or less"

Prince meets himself. Must decide who deserves the throne.


9 words baby. I AM WriterGirl! :D

8 comments:



Unknown said...

Huzzah! But I've got you beat. My short pitch is: "Murder mystery set in...SPACE!!!"

Which means I can do mine in 5 words :P

Heather Zundel said...

Well we all can't be cool like you Beth. :P Just Watch, now I'm going to try and do it in four words. Would "My book rocks" count?

PJ Hoover said...

I love the premise of your story!

PJ Hoover said...

And i'll have to think of a short sentence to summarize it all.

Vanessa said...

My Google reader has been so clogged with BBAW posts, I must have missed this when it was posted. I like the sound of your story. I hope BLM does well out in the big wide world.

Heather Zundel said...

PJ - A sentence for your story? That would be fun.

NotNessie - I know what you mean. I'm still sorting through all of them myself. And there are still so many posts I have to comment on (one of yours is in the cue actually). And thank you for the wishes. I'm sure he'll do just grand out there. He's a touch little thing. :)

Erin said...

What a fabulous premise! I wish you the very best. =)

Heather Zundel said...

Erin - Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like it, and every bit of luck helps. :)