An Open Challenge to All - A Fictional Halloween

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Battlefield by Jordin Sparks.


I have issued a challenge, and I have been answered. Chelsea from The Page Flipper has generously agreed to meet me out in battle. But tis no ordinary duel. This is a duel of costumes. You heard me right, we are about to battle with needles and thread (and if I know anything about me, duct tape. Lots of duct tape). :)

You see, in a post a while back she mentioned that she was planning on being Katniss for Halloween. Now that got me thinking of what fictional character I would want to be. But it just kept coming back to Katniss. She's so cool, and I actually have the hair for it (she usually wears a braid). So she and I are going to battle it out on a different plane, but we will meet nonetheless. Let the games begin!


And here is where you come in (and this is all her brilliant thinking by the way) - we want you to join us. Not even as Hunger Games compatriots, but as fictional friends. Forget the traditional witches, ghosts, and skanky costumes this Halloween, go for something grander. Let's make this Halloween a fictional one.

I am making this my first official blog challenge. Go. Spread the word. With how connected our blogosphere is, united together, we could rock the literary world with pure awesomeness.


(Photo courtesy of calsidyrose at flickr).

4 comments:



Unknown said...

this sounds really cool, now if I can just figure out what character I want to be! Most book characters seem like normal everyday girls which makes it hard. and I can't be lame and do hermione when you can just buy a costume for that. hmmm....

Paradox said...

I've actually done this with my best friend before, with a slight difference. We plan on doing it again this year. We dressed up as characters from books we were writing and got a lot of strange looks from people who asked what we were dressed as. I had to explain that my hand-sewn/pinned costume was that of an Atlantean Princess. This year we'll both be characters from our NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) novels. My character for this year, Dess, is from a steampunk version of 1904. This should be interesting.

Jazz said...

Great idea! I finished my costume last month. I am going as my own version of the caterpillar from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The outfit is inspired by Victorian fashion.

Heather Zundel said...

Amber[ella]: I know what you mean, but I suppose that can make it all the easier, right? :) I'll be doing a post today on some ideas.

Paradox: That is the coolest thing ever, and something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Do tell me you are going to post up pictures!

Jazz: That is so cool. I cannot wait to see it.