Awards awards all around and not a lick of time to think

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): Lullaby For A Stormy Night by Vienna Teng.


I can't tell you how much I love seeing other bloggers win awards. I love seeing them recognized and new faces being brought to them because of those awards. A little bubble of happiness you might say. I've had a little niggling of wanting I will admit it (especially for the zombie chicken award. Have you seen how cool that thing looks?) but I didn't mind, not really. Now, you guys have blown me out of the water, not just by one award, but three.

I got all three of them so fast I barely had time to think. It was incredible. But props must be given to Charlotte over at Book on the Hill. She gave me my first award ever and for that, there will always be a special place in my heart. If you haven't checked her blog out, you really should. Her contributions to The Neverending Shelf's Alice in Wonderland Week is incredible. She paired up passages in the book with recipes that compliment them. My mouth watered every day for a week. Her award she gave me was the Superior Scribbler award, apparently fairly prestigious too (at least, there are a lot of rules you have to follow. And rules=prestigious right?) :)



• Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
• Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
• Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post which explains The Award.
• Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor !
• Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

The 5 most deserving was brutal. Do you know how many blogs I follow? The pressure was almost too much, even for me as a superhero. But choose I did, and now present them happily:

Writing it Out
My Favorite Author
Tales of Whimsy
Bookie Woogie
Everead




My second major award (please note early Christmas reference to A Christmas Story) is The Heartfelt Award from Book on the Hill with the very specific criteria of giving you warm fuzzies when you read them. I could pick up to nine. And here they are (I do hope you visit all of these. All - above and below - are incredible blogs well worth reading):

~5 Great Books (each post she names 5 great picture books according to subject. It is the coolest thing)
~Bookie Woogie (read read, follow this blog. It's a dad who reads a book a week to his three kids, tapes them, and transcribes what they say. It is priceless beyond words. They also draw pictures of the books they read).
~Chronicles of an Infant Bibliophile (again, priceless. Reads all sorts of books to her child and reports on how interested he is. He's a reviewer and not even two yet!) :)
~YAthenaeum (a group of college students in Florida which guts and heart. I love their reviews and recaps at the end of the week)
~GreenBeanTeenQueen (honest, sincerely and genuine, I love this librarian and her blog).
~Fabulous Reads (a pair of friends who pick an author and review every book by that them, quite ambitious. And their contests are incredible. Signed Percy Jackson book anyone?).
~Miss Danaidae (friend and follower, she has some great stuff on her blog. In an BA program AND loves YA? That's a tough combination sometimes).

Rules : Put the logo on your blog/post. Nominate up to to 9 blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside. Be sure to link your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

Okay, not quite nine, but I hold the right to nominate my last two at a later time. :)




The final award (because all good things come in threes, right? Just check you fairy tales) is The Kreativ Award from Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe. I've seen this one around, so I know it's pretty famous, and I'm honored. And I'm also pretty positive that the people I'm about to nominate have already received this half a dozen times or more. There is a reason they are some of the big whigs in Book Bloggy-dom. I happily give this award to:

Presenting Lenore
The Page Flipper
The Story Siren
Reading Keeps You Sane
A Chair, A Fireplace, and a Tea Cozy
Steph Su Reads
Reading in Color

And now: The Rules
1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger picture and post it on your page
2. Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog
3. Write seven things about you that we don't know
4. Choose seven other bloggers that you would like to give the award to
5. Link to the bloggers that you choose
6. Let the winners know that they have the lovely award.


So I'm supposed to say seven things about myself that I haven't told you guys. But I've thought of something far more interesting. *devious eyes* You guys ask the questions. Ask me ANYTHING and I will answer either the first seven, or the seven most interesting. Take a crack at a superhero. What do you want to know? I will tell you honestly and completely. :)

Thank you so much everyone! That was exhausting but awesome. I think you may have just driven me back to my bed...

10 comments:



Shannon Messenger said...

Hmmm...what do I want to know? What do I want to know...

Oh, I know!

What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to you? *Evil laugh*

Unknown said...

Awwww!!!! Thanks!!! :)

Jazz said...

Thank you! I really appreciate this. The rules say up to 9, so you don't have to nominate anyone else if you don't want to.

Charlotte said...

You deserve it Heather ! And the Scribbler Award was my first award too ! And thank you so much for the compliments... :)

I don't know if you've heard about the Pemberley Ball hosted by Velvet at vvb32 reads in november. I'll be participating in an Alice way on her blog, and probably will do something on mine too. You should definitely check out her blog and the event, this is going to be fun !

As for my question, here it comes :

If you could transform yourself into a bird, what bird would it be and why ?

Oh, and I found this. Apparently I'm Superman. Oh well. How about you ?

Tales of Whimsy said...

Thank you soooooo much. This is wonderful. You are so thoughtful and your comments always mean so much to me. Thank you thank you!
:D

Tales of Whimsy said...

PS
Your blog is so funky and cute.

Z-Kids said...

Thanks so much for the awards Heather! Two! We're very honored! All our Bookie Woogie best to you!

Heather Zundel said...

Beth and Jazz - you guys are most welcome. You both deserve it.

Charlotte - I haven't heard about the Pemberly Ball, but I'll have to go check it out shortly. (and I'm totally checking out that super-hero-y link now).

Juju - You are most welcome. You blog truly is incredible. And I love that you combined funky AND cute to describe my blog. I can dig that.

Z-Kids - Hey! Does it sound weird that it feels like celebrities just visited my blog? (I can honestly say one of my biggest writerly dreams is to have your blog review my book someday). All the best to you as well! Keep reading!

Heather Zundel said...

Shannon - your evil laugh has been well noted. I'm keeping my eye on you.

Heather Zundel said...

Kate - Thanks so much! I wish I could pass them out to all the blogs I follow. There were so many that were so close. It was really hard. I almost don't want any more awards because I don't want to have to choose again. :)