Linky Love - a diverse group

Current Theme Song (aka what's playing on my ipod right now): What's This by Danny Elfman [The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack] (it is appropriate since it is snowing outside).


Wow, can't seem to think straight, I think it is all this snow I see all around me. I almost made it to Halloween without seeing a flake (actually, I lie. There was a snow storm at the beginning of October. And winter can last till May. And they call us a desert. Ha).

Lots of lovely links for your enjoyment, so away we go!


First, we must thank the lovely people at Tor for putting up a tutorial on how to customize your own steampunk costume. Be you poor, lazy, or crafty, it's all there.


A new website contacted me directly, asking to help spread the word, which I am happy to do. They are called Lit Drift, and they seem quite promising. They have a diverse range of articles, tabs on music, television, poetry, video games, all relating back to writing and stories. Very cool beans. And they accept reader submissions (be it drawings, ideas, napkin drawings, well, you get the idea). But be aware, not all of it is G-rated content (I try the best I can to keep tabs on that for my blog).

Speaking of new things, The Truth About Books is a new YA blog starting that also asked for my help, and I said I'd be happy to. There's not much there yet, but it does look very hopeful. I'll be keeping an eye on it. I can't wait to see how it develops.

I just found an great new blog, The Magic of Ink, but the best gem there? They keep a listing of all YA books being turned into movies. How cool is that?

Onto the contests!!! (There sure are a lot of great ones going on)

First and foremost for my fellow aspiring writer readers (does that make any sense?), there is a contest for a 30 page critique of your current manuscript. It must be complete, but all you have to do is paste your query letter into the comments by Oct 31st. Go here for all the rules (I've heard writers are getting success even from other agents reading the submissions). It is a fantastic opportunity for all of my fellow writers out there.

Again, I've mentioned Shannon of Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe recently for her jaw-dropping contest for a signed copy of Frank Beddor's ArchEnemy, but she is at it again. This time she will let you choose from her remaining signed hardcovers. It's incredible. I wish you all the best of luck. I really want to win that signed copy of Blackbringer. Ends Oct 31st (I'm sensing a pattern here with these dates).

Oh, and author Lisa Yee is hosting her 42nd Annual Bodacious Book Contest! Can you sum up a book's entire story in six words or less? That's what it is all about. Tis sweet stuff. An example for Twilight? "All because she smelled really good." :)

Over at Ooh Books! she has reviewed a book that she has called "a perfect book, or at least as perfect as a human creation can be." Impressed? I was. Click here to see what book it is.


I think that's it. I'm sure I've forgotten something though...

0 comments: